Tuesday 12 June 2018

Are You Addicted To Running?

Am i really addicted to running?

Sometimes I couldn't readily answer. 

Then again I asked myself, why running?

I feel connected. Connected to myself. 

It started back in circa 2012, 2013. I couldn't remember. From the 3KM fun run and the distance started to increase gradually. I am not an athletic person compared to my sister, however this is an "escape" sport to me. Little that i know, while i am running, feels like me talking to myself every time. The crazy sounds in your head keep pushing you for every steps and every breath you take. Worth it in the end. 

Running for me is more on mental rather than physical challenge. 

My favourite quote from Haruki Murakami in What I Talk About When I Talk About Running -
"When I'm running I don't have to talk to anybody and don't have to listen to anybody. "










No comments:

Post a Comment